Tuesday 8 March 2016

Modelled by Role Models 2016 with Panache


With today being International Women's Day, what better time to kick start Panaches amazing campaign Modelled by Role Models 2016. With the success of last years campaign (seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m2g-VON9XA ) The campaign was viewed worldwide and featured so many amazing influential women including British singer Mica Paris, model Marquita Pring and blood and organ donation campaigner, Martyna Kaczmarek.

When it comes to role models, I find choosing one so difficult. Growing up, I didn't really have a positive female in my life and after becoming a single mother at  the age of just 17, I quickly had to grow up and be a woman myself. With that, I guess I had to become my daughters main female influence. I taught myself independence just as much as I was teaching my kids and encouraged them to be the best version of themselves possible. By no means am I saying that I'm my own role model but by becoming your own kind of superhero, you can only empower those around you. 
I'm constantly inspired by the plus community. It's not all fashion! It's seeing the everyday diversity, the shining faces through tough times, the women stepping out and showing the world that they exist! 

You can nominate your own female role model over on the Panache page here but be quick as nominations close on the 3rd of April. The lucky 6 finalists will get to feature on Panaches social media, modelling beautiful lingerie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment