Thursday 17 August 2017

Sunday Lunch at Bristol Harbour Hotel

I'll admit that I'm not really one for roast dinners very often so when I do go out for one, it has to be pretty special! Off me and my husband went to check out The Jetty at Bristol Harbour Hotel. It was a scorcher of a day and as much as I was hungry and in need of refreshments, I was sweaty and grumpy. The summer heat and I do not mix well at all. But stepping inside, I was met with a beautiful light, chilled restaurant. With high ceilings, stark white interior and large booths, I knew this was the perfect spot for lunch. 





With two courses for just £15.95 and 3 courses for £19.95, I was pleasantly surprised at the value. I poured over the menu whilst sipping on a much needed Aperol Spritz and chose a cheese soufflé for my starter. I'll admit that as much as a cheese addict I am, I've never ordered a soufflé before. It was delicious! Bubbling hot, rich cheese lent way to its twice baked fluffy interior.



For my mains, I went for the belly pork. The pork was sadly under seasoned, a little too fatty and lacked a crispy top but this was substituted by the accompanying crackling straw on its perch of black pudding purée and poached apple. With sides of cauliflower cheese, large fluffy roast potatoes and honey mustard carrots and parsnips. A relatively light roast dinner that didn't over fill us. 




The dessert was my favourite course of the meal which was a pleasant surprise as I'm definitely a more savoury fan. A simple lemon tart. The pastry crust was light and delicate, the lemon was tart yet creamy which was the perfect contrast to the sugary topping that gave a wonderful crunch. 





The Jetty really deliver when it comes to fine dining on a smaller budget. Set within former banking halls, The Jetty is filled with restored interiors that certainly adds to it's charm. All produce is seasonal and locally sourced and they boast an impressive wine and cocktail list too. For reservations, opening times and contact info, click 
here

No comments:

Post a Comment