Tuesday 29 April 2014

OMCZ #30 1 item, 3 ways

This OMCZ challenge theme has been chosen by Erin. Here is what she said "Blogging about fashion while living on a budget can be difficult. There is a lot of pressure to keep up with trends and be the first to display a relevant piece. Because it does not suit my finances or lifestyle to constantly purchase new items, I love creating multiple looks around one piece to really stretch the life of my wardrobe. I challenge all of you to create a 'One Item + Three Ways' look to either showcase an item through multiple seasons, or for multiple occasions."

Well what a great challenge. I racked my busy little mind trying to decide what item I was going to choose. Would I go for my favourite skinny jeans or versatile top. I settled on a safe option (yes I know, boring!)  with a black dress I've only really worn a couple of times. I honestly think it's to do with the mesh panel. In the back of my mind, I'm worried there are people judging me and thinking I look a bit mutton dressed as lamb. 

So here's how I wore it...

The dress is from H&M, the belt and flip flops are Primark and the little jacket is vintage. Thought as the dress is very stretchy and comfortable, I would create an easy, dressed down look.


For the second outfit, I tucked the dress into the skirt. Skirt is from AX Curve and boots were from an online store (fake ass Dr Martins). In my haste, I forgot any accessories so looking a bit basic and a bit moody. I wasn't though!


For the last outfit, I added leggings and wore a shirt over the top for a rockabilly look. Leggings are Dorothy Perkins, Shoes are George @Asda  and the vintage bowling shirt was purchased from blogging super star, Betty Pamper.



Other babes who took part in this challenge can be found here, make sure you give them a read and leave a comment x
Gillian - www.weegillie.com


No comments:

Post a Comment