Friday 3 August 2018

The Jetty Bottomless Brunch

I don’t think there’s anything that can put a smile on my face more than the words ‘Bottomless Brunch’. Add to the fact this was coming from one of my favourite restaurants in Bristol, I knew I had to go!

Arriving on a particularly nippy Sunday morning, I was greeted with a smile and shown to a cosy booth with high backed sofa seats and was promptly offered a glass of Champagne as I waited for my other guests to arrive. If this was the way things were looking for the rest of brunch, I was in for a treat! 
My two friends arrived, again, offered some more Champagne and we got down to choosing who was having what first. With options varying from simple overnights oats and granola, classics such as Eggs Benedict and Full English to the more adventurous dishes like Maple glazed confit duck on waffles and bacon and maple syrup pancakes. I’m such a big fan of sweet and savoury foods so they were definitely on the cards! 





I started out with the Jetty’s own take on the Eggs Benedict, ‘Jetty Benny’ was avocado, poached eggs, crispy bacon and a beautiful Hollandaise sauce a top an crisp English muffin.

The pancakes were a big hit, my two favourite being the caramelised Apple and cinnamon cream and the bacon and maple syrup. 






The dishes were small and light, so that you could actually make the most of sampling your favourites from the menu without filling up too quickly. 

We decided to end our meal with a beautifully made Bloody Mary- I like mine spicy - And the duck waffles. This dish was one of my favourites of the morning but did feel that the skin was far too soft. Confit should always produce the crispiest of skins! 





The Jetty Bottomless Brunch was great value for money, costing £39.50 with Prosecco or Bloody Marys and £54 with Champagne or Espresso Martinis. Service runs from 12-4pm every Sunday at The Bristol Harbour Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment