Saturday 26 May 2018

Review; The Jetty at Bristol Harbour Hotel

Earlier this month I got invited to go and try the new A la Carte menu at The Jetty restaurant at Bristol Harbour Hotel on Corn Street.
If you are an avid reader of my blog, you may of seen that I visited The Jetty last year for Sunday lunch (post here) and loved it and twice to the hotels spa. Fast forward a year and I’m back to sample their new summer menu. 
As the name suggests, The Jetty mainly focus on fresh seafood dishes but obviously throw in non fish offerings too. But as a lover of fish, I was a happy girl.
Settling in to our high backed sofa booth, my daughter and I enjoyed an Aperol Spritz whilst we waited for our food. 






First course of the night was the monkfish cheeks with tomato kasundi. A generous portion of two cheeks, with beautifully crisp batter on the outside, which gave way to it’s brilliantly white and flaky interior and not forgetting the punchy, rich kasundi for dipping. This particular kasundi was much thinner and paler than I’ve tried elsewhere but still delivered a wonderful mustardy punch in flavour. 

Now usually I’d always gravitate towards the fish course for my main but once I saw grilled lamb rump on the menu, I couldn’t focus on anything else. 
.



Melt in the mouth lamb accompanied with courgettes and basil and smoked almonds. The sauce was rich and full of flavour from the black garlic. Perfect for mopping up with my side of chunky chips. 

Feeling the effect from such rich dishes, I sat and debated about having a dessert but let’s face it, who am I kidding here? There’s always room for dessert! 



The Jetty ice cream sandwich was a beast. Two chocolate cookies encompassed a peanut butter ice cream which I could of eaten by the bucket load. Topped with a rich chocolate ganache, it finished me before I could finish it! Sadly, I couldn’t taste the coffee element that was promised in its description but it wasn’t needed. 

Even though we visited mid week, the restaurant was full to capacity with a private function which meant we had to wait 10 minutes to be seated and a further 40 minute wait between our first and second course. Although the waiting staff were highly attentive, I did feel this let our meal down slightly. 



The Jetty offer a wide variety of dishes including a specials board and early bird courses for a great price. For more info, do check out the site by clicking through the links x

** Disclaimer**
All elements of this visit was offered on a complimentary basis and all views are my own. The Jetty have not seen this review prior to publishing.



No comments:

Post a Comment