Tuesday 1 November 2016

Afternoon Tea at Hotel Du Vin



 



Since moving to Bristol, there's nothing my husband and I love to do more than check out new or interesting places to eat at.
Earlier this month, I was kindly invited along to sample Hotel Du Vin newest afternoon tea menu and I couldn't of been more thrilled! 
I headed on over to the Grade ll listed former sugar warehouse with anticipation, to not only dine on some delicious afternoon tea but also catch up with some other Bristol based bloggers. Something I always enjoy.
After a welcome glass of Hotel Du Vins own brand Champagne, we got a brief lesson in the history of the building and a run down of the beautiful looking tea. We were shown to the private dining room and took our seats. The room itself was simply decorated but still had such a grand atmosphere to it, perfect for small weddings, functions and meetings.

 
 

So about the food. The savoury selection- Always my favourite course- did not disappoint. With mini brioche sub rolls generously filled with egg and cress, ham and cheese croissant, a Severn & Wye smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, goats cheese and spinach quiche and a tomato gallete, I was so thrilled. Everything was so light so there was definitely room for the desserts! 

 


In between courses, I went on a short tour of the bedrooms in the hotel. The transformation from a disused warehouse to a hotel was amazing yet still featured so many of its former elements, only adding to its charm. The best was the Veuve Clicquot suite. A loft style room that was sumptuous and cosy, with twin roll top bath tubs on a mezzanine level that overlooked the bedroom, was just stunning.





 

After heading back downstairs for the rest of our afternoon tea, we got to meet Dan, Head Mixologist, who talked us through his newest cocktails. One being the Breakfast Martini containing Earl Grey syrup, Chase Vodka, orange juice and buttered Bourbon. I also got to try Dan's signature Buttered Bourbon on its own. Both were gorgeously silky - and strong!

Buttered Bourbon

Feeling a little tipsy, I attempted the desserts. My favourite being the Gin & Tonic jelly and dark chocolate and raspberry teacakes. There was also mini lemon meringue pies, rhubarb and custard doughnuts and of course fresh baked scones with clotted cream, Bonne Maman jams and Lescure butter. The finishing touch was the sweet little sticks of apple candy floss on top which really set it apart from any ordinary tea.



I had such a lovely time at this event, with special thanks to all Hotel Du Vin for their hospitality and Heather Cowper for the invite. I'm already making plans to return for an evening in the cozy Sugar Bar to try more cocktails at Christmas, or perhaps even treating my husband to a cocktail making masterclass

Afternoon tea prices start at £20 per person with upgrades and run from 12 to 6pm daily, menus, gift vouchers and further details can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment