Tuesday 2 February 2016

Feeling Groovy in Simply Be

If there's one thing that I keep buying lately, its a high neck. I guess for so many years, I convinced myself that it would accentuate my double chin and the tightness of the neck would annoy me. I was so wrong!! Not only does it feel comfortable, keeps the chill off my chest (sound like such an old lady!), but it looks so good! I've also got to the point where I don't care if I show off my chins.
So most of my high neck purchases have been somewhat 90s inspired and that's just fine, but I wanted something new and a little less 'me'. Then I struck gold with Simply Be


This floral swing dress was a bright, funky, 70s dream and I just had to have it. 



I wasn't quite sure what to expect in regards to the material so I ordered it in a size 20 and hoped for the best- or elastic. Once arrived, I was relieved it was super stretchy but also unlike a fabric I've come across before. Outside it was super soft like flock and inside it was like swimsuit material. Either way, love it. The dress is super flowy and made me feel cute and slinky. The high neck is so great as it has little elastic loop and buttons above a keyhole feature at the back. I really like little details like that. I would of said the colour of the print is far more vibrant in real life but for me, brighter the better!
I wore the dress with a felt hat, super thick tights (Asda) and peep toe boots (eBay)
The dress can be found here xx

No comments:

Post a Comment