Monday 27 July 2015

Upcycled Shutter Storage with Hillarys Blinds

This weekend I was super excited to attend the Joe Blogs #Hillaryscrafternoon event held by Hillarys Blinds, where we got to upcycle some unused blinds into great storage solutions.


After a quick demo from interior decorator Becky Clarke, we got to put our ideas into motion.


I used Annie Sloane chalk paint in shade Paris Grey for my 'garden tea light holder', which I knew would match my existing colour scheme. 

        This could get messy!!


When I initially saw the plain white shutter blinds, I would of never of imagined using them for anything other than their purpose. How wrong I was!!
After painting, waxing, screwing on hose clips, adding a rope handle and the jam jars, mine was finally complete. And I couldn't be happier! 



As soon as I got home, I added the finishing touches. Pebbles and tea lights in 2 of the jars and flowers in the top one. Perfect!




I just love that not only were these so quick and simple to make, but also how versatile they are. They could be painted in any colour, horizontal, vertical, used as a vase, a desk tidy, to store make up, herbs, as a spice rack, a toy tidy... I've been thinking about making another one for my daughters bedroom to hold sorted Lego bricks. 
I thoroughly enjoyed myself at #HillarysCrafternoon and I'm now searching my house for more things I can upcycle! 



No comments:

Post a Comment