Sunday 9 July 2017

Sunday Lunch at Backwell House

If you read my last post on Backwell House then you'll know just how much I loved this place. A 9 bedroom house hotel that has been listed in The Sunday Times Ultimate 100 British hotels. Imagine my sheer joy at an invite to return and try out their Sunday roast.

Usually a stickler for roast beef, I made an effort to order something different so I went for the superb pork belly and pressed shoulder with carrot purée. I was not disappointed with this succulent slice and was relieved that crackling was super crisp. The pressed shoulder was a great addition and was not only tender but full of flavour.



Meats were accompanied by roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, baby carrots, spring greens and a generously sized Yorkshire pudding 



Dessert was a double chocolate delice which was super rich and fudgey, topped with the most delicious cocoa nib tuille and raspberries 






Backwell House is open from Wednesday to Sunday lunch times. 
For telephone enquiries 
For email enquiries 

quiries@backwellhouse.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment