Thursday 25 May 2017

Spring Menu at Square Kitchen Clifton

Last month I spent the evening at The Berkeley Square Hotel, Clifton with some local bloggers.
Once we had all arrived, we got to order a cocktail from their extensive menu whilst we had a little look around the cosy, members only Square Club. I loved the decor which mixed a slight Morrocan feel with that classic urban look. (Think stripped wooden floors and glass bricks with an intimate nook full of rich colours and plush fabrics) I opted for a refreshing Champagne gin mojito. 



We were taken back upstairs to be seated for dinner in The Square Kitchen. The restaurant itself was light and spacious with plenty of diners even midweek but yet felt quiet and intimate enough if you were to dine as a couple. 
Here's what I ordered;


Ham hock terrine appetiser

 
Starters; Wild garlic soup with slow cooked egg, prosciutto dust

 
Mains; Slow roast pork belly with crispy squid, globe artichoke, white polenta, capers & gremolata

 
Dessert; chocolate bomb filled with banana mousse and peanut butter parfait

Starters range from £6.50-£9 and mains £12-£18.50 which I thought was very reasonable for a boutique hotel in Clifton.
The whole hotel is steeped in modern art and unique furniture. After 8 years of living in Bristol, I'm shocked I didn't know of its existence and I've already recommended to my friends and family. 
I had such a lovely time, not just eating but catching up with some familiar and new bloggers. Thank you to The Berkeley Square Hotel and Heather Cowper for inviting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment