Saturday 27 September 2014

Quirky Cross stitch

Obviously I usually stick to outfit posts or blogging events but today I thought I'd share something else that takes up my time inbetween being a busy mum and day to day chores. 
I've  recently taken up cross stitch. Even typing that sentence made me feel old and cringe a little. But, I have found an array of quirky and funny cross stitch patterns online and I'm hooked!!
Here's my first large piece I made for my best friends nursery
I purchased the pattern from an Etsy shop called Plastic Little Covers and I literally want most of the patterns she stocks!
The second piece I made wasn't from a pattern, I drew a simple outline and made it up as I went along. This was a custom request.
Lol
I also recently finished this one for my bathroom. I would credit the original pattern creator if I knew who it was by. Sorry!

So my stitches might not be perfect but I'm still very much a beginner. It's so nice to just sit alone, with some music on and zone out from kids, cleaning or anything else that I need a break from. 
Do you have any hobbies outside of work, blogging etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment